Students have the opportunity to learn baking basics and the science of baking in an exciting well-equipped kitchen setting. This course is fast paced and follows the industry standards and practices of classical and contemporary baking. A variety of competencies and methods designed for our progressive course offers highly concentrated, focused, and hands-on curriculum. Students participate in scaling and mixing, dough production, retail operations and oven work in our production kitchen. The courses reviewed include:
- cakes and specialty decorating
Bakery math, customer service, and human relations courses will assist the student with developing a portfolio. The students will prepare items for the on-campus cafeteria including a variety of baked goods, cakes and pastries finished to industry standards. If you enjoy teamwork, bakery production, timelines, and creating delicious baked goods in a commercial baking environment, this course is for you!
The Artisan Baking and Pastry course will teach students a brief history of baking and a solid foundation for understanding the ingredients, tools, flours, temperatures, shaping, and mixing techniques of baking. Students will learn professional techniques that can be done in a standard kitchen setting. Students will learn the difference between sourdough, preferment, levain, polish and straight dough which will strengthen skills in breads and pastries by working on sourdough, croissants, danish, and other baked goods.
Class starts at 7:30 AM to 11:30 AM Monday through Thursday.
|Application Fee||$0.00||There is no cost to apply.|
|Tuition||$272.00||All tuition and fees are due at the time of registration.|
Financial Aid Eligible:No.
|On Baking Textbook||$134.00||978-0-13-388675-7|
- Information, including but not limited to, times, dates, locations, tuition, fees, prerequisites, etc. are subject to change without notice. It is the viewer's responsibility to verify the timeliness and accuracy of this information prior to enrollment.
- Classes not meeting the minimum enrollment may be cancelled or rescheduled. Minimum enrollment requirements vary per program.
- MTech provides training for students to prepare to take and/or receive MTech or 3rd party licensures and certifications such as state, national or industry certifications. MTech does not guarantee MTech or 3rd party licensures and certifications such as state, national or industry certifications upon completion of MTech Programs. State/national licensure or industry certifications are required for employment in some occupations and it is the responsibility of the student to obtain them. In order to receive an MTech certificate students must demonstrate all competencies.
- Financial Aid availability may be based on program locations and/or scheduling requirements.
- Programs at the MTech are based on CLOCK HOURS. Clock hours are actual hours and not credit hours.
- If your program is OE/OE, you can easily calculate the time it takes to complete a program (your targeted completion date) by taking the total hours of the program and dividing it by the number of hours per day you meet. This will give you how many days it should take. You can then plot this on a calendar,excluding weekends and holidays.
Quick and Easy Steps to Start
Choose Your Program
Start by looking at over 40 areas of training. Be sure to review program prerequisites and details.
+ Browse All of Our Programs
Apply to MTech
Complete the FREE quick and easy MTech application.
+ Complete the application
Take Entrance Assessment
All students must complete the entrance assessment. You can also meet with an Academic and Career Counselor at anytime.
+ Schedule the assessment
Meet With an Academic and Career Counselor
Some programs require a visit with one of our Academic and Career Counselors. Check your program for prerequisite details.
+ Meet with a counselor
Check Financial Aid
Some programs qualify for financial aid. Others may have scholarships available.
+ Check for financial aid
All tuition and fees are due when you register. Registration is available online or at Student Services locations in Lehi, Orem and Spanish Fork.
+ Complete your registration
Check your program homepage for supplies needed. Don't forget to grab your parking pass!
+ Visit MTech Bookstore
High School Students
Make sure you have read and understand the prerequisites and steps before you register.