Lehi and Spanish Fork
This program will train students to respond as an EMT, which has the emergency skills to assess a patient’s condition and manage respiratory, cardiac, and trauma emergencies. Individuals interested in employment with Law Enforcement, Fire Fighting, or Emergency Medicine must be EMT certified. Training includes clinical and classroom hands-on training.
Topics include HAZMAT awareness, basic first aid, patient assessment, triage, multi-casualty, emergent and non-emergent patient moves (with and without CNS injury), airway management, CPR, shock & bleeding control, and more. Students can become key members of the EMS system.
Concurrent Enrollment: Students who pass the state certification can earn 9 hours of credit at some state colleges, if currently registered and enrolled with a minimum of 3 hours. Students must meet with the EMT Course Coordinator for college credit requirements and/or national certification.
- MTech Emergency Medical Technician Program Certificate.
- National EMT Certification
- NATIONAL CERTIFICATION TESTING: The EMT Program Fee includes the practical testing portion for the certification. The cost of the written exam will be paid to the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) upon program completion. The Program Fees also include the notarized application fees. Completion of this course does NOT guarantee certification with the NREMT or guarantee that you will be recommended for certification. Each student must meet all of the requirements of the EMT Program in order to be considered for recommendation.
- In addition, students will be required to finish ALL National testing and retesting within 120 days of the last day of the program. There is both a written and practical test required by the NREMT.
|Session||Location||Start Date||End Date||Start Time||End Time||Days|
|Fall 2017||Lehi Campus Room 102||8/22/17||12/12/17||7:30 AM||10:30 AM||M-F|
|Fall 2017||Lehi Campus Room 102||8/22/17||12/12/17||11:30 AM||2:30 PM||M-F|
|Fall 2017||Orem Campus Room 104||8/22/17||12/12/17||11:30 AM||2:30 PM||M-F|
|Fall 2017||Spanish Fork Room 219||8/22/17||12/12/17||7:30 AM||10:30 AM||M-F|
|Spring 2018||Lehi Campus Room 102||1/16/18||5/3/18||7:30 AM||10:30 AM||M-F|
|Spring 2018||Lehi Campus Room 102||1/16/18||5/3/18||11:30 AM||2:30 PM||M-F|
|Spring 2018||Orem Campus Room 104||1/16/18||5/3/18||11:30 AM||2:30 PM||M-F|
|Spring 2018||Spanish Fork Room 219||1/16/18||5/3/18||7:30 AM||10:30 AM||M-F|
|Application Fee||$0.00||There is no cost to apply.|
|Registration Fee||$40.00||This is a one time fee|
|Facilities Fee||$50.00||Includes Parking Pass|
|Tuition||$450.00||All tuition and fees are due at the time of registration.|
Financial Aid Eligible:No
|Emergency Care 13th Edition, Book and Workbook||$167.00||ISBN # 13: 978–0–13–403490–4|
|MTech EMT Shirt||$11.00|
|Blood Pressure Kit||$35.00|
- Information, including but not limited to, times, dates, locations, tuition, fees, prerequisites, etc. are subject to change without notice. It is the viewer's responsibility to verify the timeliness and accuracy of this information prior to enrollment.
- Classes not meeting the minimum enrollment may be cancelled or rescheduled. Minimum enrollment requirements vary per program.
- MTech provides training for students to prepare to take and/or receive MTech or 3rd party licensures and certifications such as state, national or industry certifications. MTech does not guarantee MTech or 3rd party licensures and certifications such as state, national or industry certifications upon completion of MTech Programs. State/national licensure or industry certifications are required for employment in some occupations and it is the responsibility of the student to obtain them. In order to receive an MTech certificate students must demonstrate all competencies.
- Financial Aid availability may be based on program locations and/or scheduling requirements.
- Programs at the MTech are based on CLOCK HOURS. Clock hours are actual hours and not credit hours.
- If your program is OE/OE, you can easily calculate the time it takes to complete a program (your targeted completion date) by taking the total hours of the program and dividing it by the number of hours per day you meet. This will give you how many days it should take. You can then plot this on a calendar,excluding weekends and holidays.
Quick and Easy Steps to Start
Choose Your Program
Start by looking at over 40 areas of training. Be sure to review program prerequisites and details.
+ Browse All of Our Programs
Apply to MTech
Complete the FREE quick and easy MTech application.
+ Complete the application
Take Entrance Assessment
All students must complete the entrance assessment. You can also meet with an Academic and Career Counselor at anytime.
+ Schedule the assessment
Meet With an Academic and Career Counselor
Some programs require a visit with one of our Academic and Career Counselors. Check your program for prerequisite details.
+ Meet with a counselor
Check Financial Aid
Some programs qualify for financial aid. Others may have scholarships available.
+ Check for financial aid
All tuition and fees are due when you register. Registration is available online or at Student Services locations in Lehi, Orem and Spanish Fork.
+ Complete your registration
Check your program homepage for supplies needed. Don't forget to grab your parking pass!
+ Visit MTech Bookstore
High School Students
Make sure you have read and understand the prerequisites and steps before you register.