Lehi, Orem and Spanish Fork
The primary duty of Certified Nursing Assistants, or CNA’s, is direct patient care, including attending to daily needs such as bathing and hygiene, assisting those with eating difficulties, and helping patients with range-of-motion exercises. Nursing Assistants also record and monitor patients’ vital signs, as well as remaining alert for any changes in the patient’s behavior or condition that might signal problems.
Students are trained under the direction of a licensed nurse in a patient’s physical, emotional, and social care.
The Nursing Assistant program will cover:
- Professional ethics
- Basic safety and emergencies
- CPR Certification
- Communication skills
- Body mechanics
- Vital signs
- Infection control
- Body systems and diseases
- Personal care of the patient and the patient’s environment
Both classroom theory and clinical experience in a healthcare facility will be provided. Often the clinical experience will not be scheduled at the same time as classes. When students pass this course they will be qualified to sit for the Utah’s certification, written and skills exam.
- MTech Nurse Assistant Program Certificate
- Students are prepared to sit for the State of Utah Certified Nurse Assistant Certification Exam
- Healthcare Provider BLS and First Aid Certificate
- Registration is available to adult students only.
- Students must have TB testing and a Hepatitis B vaccine, or sign a waiver form.
|Session||Location||Start Date||End Date||Start Time||End Time||Days|
|Orem Summer Session||Lehi Campus Room 113||7/11/17||9/7/17||5:00 PM||10:00 PM||T,TH|
|Lehi Fall Session||Lehi Campus Room 208||9/11/17||10/10/17||5:00 PM||10:00 PM||M-TH|
|Spanish Fork Fall Session||Spanish Fork Campus Room 105||9/25/17||10/25/17||5:00 PM||10:00 PM||M-TH|
|Orem Fall Session||Orem Campus Room 113||10/2/17||12/4/17||5:00 PM||10:00 PM||M,W|
|Lehi Fall Session 2||Lehi Campus Room 208||10/16/17||11/16/17||5:00 PM||10:00 PM||M-TH|
|Lehi Spring Session 1||Lehi Campus Room 208||1/8/18||2/7/18||5:00 PM||10:00 PM||M-TH|
|Orem Spring Session 1||Orem Campus Room 113||1/16/18||3/15/18||5:00 PM||10:00 PM||T,TH|
|Spanish Fork Spring Session||Spanish Fork Campus Room 105||2/5/18||3/8/18||5:00 PM||10:00 PM||M-TH|
|Lehi Spring Session 2||Lehi Campus Room 208||3/5/18||4/3/18||5:00 PM||10:00 PM||M-TH|
|Orem Spring Session 2||Orem Campus Room 113||3/26/18||5/23/18||5:00 PM||10:00 PM||M,W|
|Lehi Summer Session||Lehi Campus Room 208||6/4/18||7/3/18||5:00 PM||10:00 PM||M-TH|
|Orem Summer Session||Orem Campus Room 113||TBA||TBA||5:00 PM||10:00 PM||T,TH|
|Application Fee||$0.00||There is no cost to apply.|
|Tuition||$228.00||All tuition and fees are due at the time of registration.|
Financial Aid Eligible:No
|Textbook Hartman’s Nursing Assistant Care, The Basics 4th||$29.00|
|Workbook Hartman’s Nursing Assistant Care, The Basics 4th Ed||$13.00|
|Missed Clinicals||TBD||Missed clinicals will result in fines of $10 the 1st time, 2nd $25, 3rd $50 and so on|
|CNA State Exam||$75.00|
|Blood Pressure Kit||$35.00|
- Information, including but not limited to, times, dates, locations, tuition, fees, prerequisites, etc. are subject to change without notice. It is the viewer's responsibility to verify the timeliness and accuracy of this information prior to enrollment.
- Classes not meeting the minimum enrollment may be cancelled or rescheduled. Minimum enrollment requirements vary per program.
- MTECH provides training for students to prepare to take and/or receive MTECH or 3rd party licensures and certifications such as state, national or industry certifications. MTECH does not guarantee MTECH or 3rd party licensures and certifications such as state, national or industry certifications upon completion of MTECH Programs. State/national licensure or industry certifications are required for employment in some occupations and it is the responsibility of the student to obtain them. In order to receive an MTECH certificate students must demonstrate all competencies.
- Financial Aid availability may be based on program locations and/or scheduling requirements.
- Programs at the MTECH are based on CLOCK HOURS. Clock hours are actual hours and not credit hours.
- If your program is OE/OE, you can easily calculate the time it takes to complete a program (your targeted completion date) by taking the total hours of the program and dividing it by the number of hours per day you meet. This will give you how many days it should take. You can then plot this on a calendar,excluding weekends and holidays.
Quick and Easy Steps to Start
Choose Your Program
Start by looking at over 40 areas of training. Be sure to review program prerequisites and details.
+ Browse All of Our Programs
Apply to MTECH
Complete the FREE quick and easy MTECH application.
High school students must be at least 16 yrs old AND a Junior to apply.
+ Complete the application
Take Entrance Assessment
All students must complete the entrance assessment. You can also meet with an Academic and Career Counselor at anytime.
+ Schedule the assessment
Meet With an Academic and Career Counselor
Some programs require a visit with one of our Academic and Career Counselors. Check your program for prerequisite details.
+ Meet with a counselor
Check Financial Aid
Some programs qualify for financial aid. Others may have scholarships available.
+ Check for financial aid
All tuition and fees are due when you register. Registration is available online or at Student Services locations in Lehi, Orem and Spanish Fork.
+ Complete your registration
Check your program homepage for supplies needed. Don't forget to grab your parking pass!
+ Visit MTECH Bookstore
High School Students
Make sure you have read and understand the prerequisites and steps before you register.