Step 1 – Choose Your Program
Any student who is at least 16 years old and can benefit from training is eligible to enroll. A high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) is not an entrance requirement for most programs, but does apply to some. Students applying for Federal Financial Aid must have graduated high school or completed the GED requirements.
In order to enroll students should have an idea of what kind of career they want to get their education in. MATC offers a wide variety of career paths to choose from. If you are still trying to decide, let us help!
Information about programs can be found on each individual program home page on the menu under PROGRAMS. Some programs require the student to meet with the Guidance Counselor prior to completing the registration process. For more information contact Student Services at 801- 753-MATC (6282).
Transferring Course Work – A student transferring from another UCAT regional campus or another campus of higher education must meet the admission requirements of the MATC program. Students who transfer and request recognition of outside coursework must provide official transcripts and any other records and/or reports for evaluation. Transfer of acquired competencies and skills will occur after review by and/or demonstration to MATC program instructor(s).
Step 2 – Apply
- Applying is the first part of two parts in the enrollment process. Registration is the second part and will be done after you have completed your application.
- There is no cost to apply and it only takes a few minutes. You will receive a student ID and create a password for your account.
- Launch the Student Portal and enter demographic information, create a student account and login for completing your registration and for accessing student academic information.
IMPORTANT: Write down your student ID and password. You will need this information for registration and future login purposes.
Step 3 – Review and Complete the Prerequisites
1. Pre-assessment – ALL STUDENTS: As part of the admission process ALL STUDENTS are required to complete the Career Ready Entrance Assessment. The Career Ready Entrance Assessment is free and takes approximately 1 hour to complete. You can take this assessment at anytime prior to registration. You only need to take this assessment once upon first registering at MATC. You do not need to retake it for each program or additional course. As part of the admission process, will be required to complete a basic assessment of reading and math skills. For additional information or to schedule please visit Testing Center or call (801) 753-4110.
2. Meet with counselor if needed – Students enrolling in Open Entry/Open Exit Programs are required to meet with a Career Counselor and in some instances the course instructor to discuss details of the program and to obtain a signed Training Agreement Form. Making a scheduled appointment is recommended; however, walk-ins are welcome. Walk-ins are not guaranteed and students may have to wait or reschedule.
GET HELP DECIDING
Tour Our Campus
Come EXPERIENCE a campus tour at MATC. This is your invitation to come and visit with us. The best way to find out both information and the benefits on what an MATC education can offer you, is to come and check it out for yourself. You will get a personalized campus tour where you can discover programs, see the labs and ask questions. Our campus recruiters have a wealth of knowledge to help guide you in one of the most important decisions of your life. Register for a tour and learn about more ways that MATC can help you gain the education you need.
Talk With An Academic and Career Counselor
Academic and Career Counseling are provided through our Academic and Career Counselors. Students are encouraged to meet with counselors prior to enrollment to get program and career specific information and have their questions answered.