RETHINK YOUR EDUCATION
This program trains students to obtain employment as a receptionist, administrative assistant, clerk, or health information specialist. They will perform secretarial duties using specific knowledge of medical terminology and hospital, clinic, or laboratory procedures.
Employment is available in physician’s offices, hospitals, public health departments, correctional facilities, or in medical departments of large companies.
Duties may include:
- Scheduling Appointments
- Billing Patients
- Compiling and Recording Medical Charts, Reports, and Correspondence
The Medical Office Administration Program consists of two parts:
Part 1 MEDICAL OFFICE CLASS and LAB TRAINING (540 hours)
Students will learn administrative and clerical procedures including:
- Appointment scheduling
- Telephone triage
- Organizing medical records and filing
- Medico legal and ethical responsibilities
- Basic billing and medical coding
- Insurance claims and reimbursement policies
- Collection processes for patient acounts
- Accounts payable and receivable
- Payroll functions
- Medical Terminology
Students will also receive CPR and First Aid training.
Part 2 MEDICAL OFFICE EXTERNSHIP TRAINING (90 Hours)
During the externship, a student will go on-site to a medical office where they observe and assist in administration of daily tasks. Students will be responsible to arrange their own externship in coordination with the program instructor.